Oooooooh, the iPhone. Apple’s latest gadget. Well, it has been all over the blogs and media the last couple days, and here is why I will NOT buy one.
- iPod – i have a 80 gb. It sucks. Itunes sucks. It is a pain to sync. It locks up. I don’t like it.
- No 3G – are you kidding me?
- Battery – I can’t replace it myself? And the battery life is 2 hours if you use it at all
- Full Touchscreen – this is cool if you are like, never going to use your phone. How about the bars, purses, backpacks, wherever you throw it – its going to get scratched.
- PPC6700 – i already own a Pocket PC 6700 through Sprint. I can play music. I have wifi. I have bluetooth. I have a touchscreen. I can send SMS. I can browse the web. I can play videos. I can hookup a GPS though bluetooth (the iPhone has no GPS). I have word, excel, outlook, powerpoint. I have a camera and video recorder. I can watch TV (through slingplayer mobile). I can use it as wireless modem. I can develop programs for it and do whatever I want on it. The question is – what CAN’T I do with it. :)
I could probably go on and on, but this is one gadget I do not want!
What is even better, other people agree.