SQL 2008 R2 IntelliSense May Stop Working After Updating to VS2010 SP1

Ran into this tonight. The other day I updated to Visual Studio 2010 SP1, and my IntelliSense in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) 2008 R2 stopped working.

I updated by SQL 2008 R2 install to CU6 and the IntelliSense started working again.

About these ads

2 thoughts on “SQL 2008 R2 IntelliSense May Stop Working After Updating to VS2010 SP1”

  1. But it is only partly working or can you see column names and error highlighting?

    I had Win7 Ent without SP1 and had the same problem, but it only works partly after CU6.

    I have tried all things … like uninstall VS2010 SP1 or installing Win7 SP1 …

    But in the end it didn’t work, so I reinstalled the whole system :( and I will never install a new update without testing the whole system with backup.

    Greets
    Patrick_Fiedler

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s